37 Good Reasons to Vote YES on Prop 37
There has been a lot of controversy and disinformation regarding the California State wide Proposition, Prop. 37, that will be voted on this coming November. It would require all food companies and farmers to label their products if they contain any GMO ingredients, and require them to remove the words “natural” if they do. Although this proposition is for California, this could affect labeling for food that is provided for most of the country and the entire world and force companies to be honest. Monopolies like Monsanto, DuPont, and Carghil (All biotech giants) have been fighting tooth and nail against this campaign. So The Media Speaks.com decided to look into many of the reasons that these corporations don’t want people to know what they are eating, in fact, 37 of those reasons.
So here we go.
1. Consumers should have the right to choose and to know what they’re eating.
2. The main company (Monsanto) supporting NO on 37 created Agent Orange. The same chemical used over Vietnam.
3. These crops have been proven to cause tumors in lab tests.
4. GMO’s cause liver damage in rats.
5. They cause kidney damage in rats.
7. They caused hair to grow in the mouths of hamsters.
8.The Biotech giants aren’t required to conduct long term safety studies on GMO’s.
9. GMO’s create super weeds, and super insects that evolve to circumvent the crop protection.
10.Former top executive and lobbyist of the GMO company, Monsanto, Michael R. Taylor was appointed deputy commissioner of foods for the FDA. He helped write the regulation during the Clinton Administration to allow rBGH (Bovine Growth Hormone) into US food and children’s milk which has subjected the public to increase risk for many types of cancer.
11. Michael R. Taylor also fought for “substantial equivalence” during the same time period, to prohibit the distinction between GMO and normal crops.